GEOGRAPHY OF RAJASTHAN
1. Consider the following statement:
“These were as large as a big room. They were built inside the main house or the courtyard. In the semi-arid and arid regions of Rajasthan, especially in Bikaner, Phalodi and Barmer, most of the houses used this to storing drinking water. These lines are related to which type of rain water harvesting system.
(A) Tankas (B) Taba (C) Khadins (D) Bawadi
2. In Rajasthan wells with steps are known as:
(A) Taba (B) Bawari (C) Khadin (D) Tanka
3. The political boundary between Rajasthan and Pakistan is known as:
(A) Redcliffe line (B) Macmohan line (C) LOC (D) Meander line
4. Which state of India has shortest land boundary with Rajasthan?
(A) Himachal Pradesh (B) Punjab (C) Gujarat (D) Haryana
5. Match the following:
(A) Simco Railway wagon (1) Ajmer
(B) H.M.T. (2) Alwar
(C) Ashok Leyland (3) Jaipur
(D) Rajasthan Electronics Corporation (4) Bharatpur
(A) A-2, B-1, C-4, D-3 (B) A-3, B-2, C-4, D-1
(C) A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4 (D) A-4, B-1, C-2, D-3
6. State flower of Rajasthan is:
(A) Lotus (B) Sunflower (C) Rose (D) Rohida
7. State tree of Rajasthan is:
(A) Khejri (B) Neem (C) Rohida (D) Peepal
8. State bird of Rajasthan is:
(A) Dove (B) Kurja
(C) Black Vulture (D) Godawan (Great Indian Bustard)
9. Read the following statements :
(1) Thar Desert lies in the west of Aravalli.
(2) State of Rajasthan has 33 districts.
(3) Sex Ratio of Rajasthan is 1000: 950 in 2011.
Which is incorrect?
(A) 1 (B) 2
(C) 3 (D) none of these
10. State animal of Rajasthan is:
(A) Tiger (B) Chinkara (C) Chausingha (D) Lion
11. The oldest organised industry of Rajasthan is :
(A) Cement Industry (B) Sugar Industry
(C) Cotton Textile Industry (D) Vegetable Oil Industry
12. What is the period of processing of unification of Rajasthan?
(A) 1948 to 1956 (B) 1949 to 1957
(C) 1948 to 1955 (D) 1946 to 1955
13. Which state of India has longest boundary with Rajasthan?
(A) UP (B) MP (C) Gujarat (D) Haryana
14. First Atomic Explosion was taken place in India at:
(A) Trombay, Maharastra (B) Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
(C) Pokran, Rajasthan (D) Rann of Kutch, Gujarat
15. In which city of Rajasthan Nuclear Power plant is located?
(A) Jodhpur (B) Suratgarh
(C) Baran (D) Rawatbhata
16. Mangla, N.A., N.C, Guda, Saraswati, Rageswary, Kameshwari, Greater Rageswary are the names of:
(A) Oil fields (B) Mineral belts
(C) Rivers (D) Races of cows
17. Gandhi Sagar dam is constructed on river:
(A) Parbati (B) Mahi
(C) Chambal (D) Western Banas
18. The Bisalpur Project of Rajasthan is in the district of:
(A) Tonk (B) Bundi (C) Jaipur (D) Ajmer
19. Which of the following crops have their major (80%) cultivation in desert regions?
(A) Bajra (B) Jowar (C) Maize (D) Linseed
20. Where is Sariska National Park located?
(A) Jaipur (B) Sawai Madhopur (C) Bharatpur (D) Alwar
21. Headquarter of North-Western Railway is located in:
(A) Jaipur (B) Mumbai (C) Ahmadabad (D) Baroda
22. Which among the following is not a major food grain crop of Rajasthan?
(A) Wheat (B) Rice (C) Gram (D) Millet
23. On the map of a village, a serial no is marked on every land holding (FARM). This serial no. is called :
(A) Jamabandi (B) Khasra (C) Girdawari (D) Lagan
24. CAZRI (Central Arid Zone Research Institute) is situated at:
(A) Jhunjhunu (B) Jhalawar (C) Jodhpur (D) Jaisalmer
25. “Aakal Wood Fossil Park” is situated at:
(A) Jaisalmer (B) Barmer (C) Bikaner (D) Jodhpur
26. RIICO stands for:
(A) Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation
(B) Rajasthan Industrial areas Investment Corporation
(C) Rajasthan Industrial investment Corporation
(D) None of these
27. Petroleum has been discovered in Rajasthan in the districts of:
(A) Barmer and Jaislmer (B) Ganganagar and Sirohi
(C) Sikar and Dholpur (D) Jaipur and Jodhpur
28. Which of the following can be related to Rajasthan?
(A) Montane forests (B) Wet Deciduous forests
(C) Rain forests (D) Dry deciduous forests
29. The other name given to Keoladev National Park is :
(A) Sariska (B) Ghana
(C) Desert Park (D) Deer Park
30. Keoladev Ghana National Park is located in
(A) Madhopur (B) Tonk (C) Bharatpur (D) Jaisalmer
31. Desert National Park is located in
(A) Madhopur (B) Tonk (C) Bharatpur (D) Jaisalmer
32. How many states have common boundary with Rajasthan?
(A) 7 (B) 5 (C) 4 (D) 3
33. Ranthambore National Park is situated in the district :
(A) Kota (B) Sawai Madhopur
(C) Alwar (D) Bharatpur
34. Smallest district of Rajasthan is:
(A) Swai Madhopur (B) Dungarpur (C) Ajmer (D) Dausa
35. Copper in Rajasthan found in:
(A) Kishangarh (B)Chittor (C) Ajmer (D) Khetri
36. National Desert Park is also known as :
(A) Fossil Park (B) Keoladev (C) Sariska (D*) Mukundra
37. Black Buck is found abundantly in :
(A) Sita Mata (B) Jaisamand
(C) Sajjangarh (D*) Tal Chappar
38. Chambal Sanctuary is famous for :
(A*) Gariyals (B) Deer
(C) Chittal (D) Chinkara
39. Machia Safari Park is situated in district :
(A) Bharatpur (B*) Jodhpur
(C) Jaisalmer (D) Ajmer
40. Band Baretha Sanctuary is in which district?
(A) Alwar (B*) Bharatpur
(C) Jaipur (D) Jodhpur
01 (A) 02 (B) 03 (A) 04 (B) 05(D)
06 (D) 07 (A) 08 (D) 09 (C) 10(B)
11 (C) 12 (A) 13 (B) 14 (C) 15(D)
16 (A) 17 (C) 18 (A) 19 (A) 20(D)
21 (A) 22 (B) 23 (B) 24 (C) 25(A)
26 (A) 27 (A) 28 (D) 29 (D) 30(C)
31 (D) 32 (B) 33 (B) 34 (D) 35(D)
36 (D) 37 (D) 38 (A) 39 (B) 40(B)